Established in 1912 in Damery, in the heart of the Marne region vineyards, close to Epernay, Champagne J. de Telmont, is one of the last familial Champagne houses. It is owned and run by the Lhopital family.
Founder Henri Lhopital, began to market the Champagnes he elaborated himself, which was quite a revolution in Champagne at that time. André Lhopital, second generation, increased the vineyard and bought different plots in the best villages of the region. He created the name J. de Telmont as family’s wines are known today. Serge Lhopital, third generation, developed the sales and production and built a new winery in 1968 which remains today at 1 Avenue de Champagne, in Damery. J. de Telmont owns 30 hectares of vineyard located in prestigious villages, where are grown the 3 grape varieties of Champagne: Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay.
Currently the House J. de Telmont is headed by Bertrand Lhopital. With his sister Pascale, the fourth Lhopital generation continues the family tradition and maintains Telmont’s rank among the 20th most important Champagne houses.